Library and Learning Resources
Portals / Subject Gateways
· MedLinePlus :- MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations. Preformulated MEDLINE searches are included in MedlinePlus and give easy access to medical journal articles. MedlinePlus also has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and latest health news.
· MedScape :- A portal for medical information from WebMD. Categories available include alternative medicine, diseases, health & fitness, human body, mental health, journals, organizations, etc.
· Global Health Library :- A WHO initiative, aims to 'strengthen, promote and develop worldwide networks on the collection, organization, dissemination and universal access to reliable health sciences information.
· HardinMD :- A gateway to medical and nursing resources (from University of Iowa)
· INASP Health Links :- Directory maintained by International Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP)
· Internet Health Sites :- The resources are selected by the Health Sciences Librarians and provide a starting point for finding health information on the Web. Maintained by MUN.
· AddictionSearch :- Your source for addiction related research on drug rehabs and alcohol treatment programs, treatment centers and rehabilitation information. This resources provide comprehensive drug addiction treatment, drug and alcohol rehabs and substance abuse treatment research.
· ADIN (Australian Drug Information System) :- The Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN) provides a central point of access to quality Internet-based alcohol and drug information provided by prominent organisations in Australia and internationally.
· ELISAD (Alcohol and Drugs) :- This addictions gateway is a free online service providing access to the best web resources in Europe on drugs, alcohol, smoking, gambling and related topics. All the resources have been evaluated and a description of each website is given.
· Intute Medicine :- A guide to quality Internet resources in the health and medicine. Earlier known as Omni
· MedHist (From Intute) :- MedHist is a free catalogue of evaluated, high quality Internet resources and websites relating to the history of medicine and allied sciences, covering all aspects of the history of health and development of medical knowledge.
· MayoClinic.com :- Manage your health with information and tools that reflect the expertise of Mayo's 3,400 physicians and scientists, learn how to access medical services, and discover Mayo's medical research and education offerings.
· RHGateWay :- Search 140 selected websites with information on reproductive health
· PSYCHWEB :- This Web site contains lots of psychology-related information for students and teachers of psychology.
· Internet Public Library :- The health and medical sciences collection of IPL covers all aspects of human and animal health and medicine.
· Virtual Library :- The health and medical sciences collection of WWW-Virtual Library project
· WHO Directory :- The pages linked contain links to WHO projects, initiatives, activities, information products, and contacts, organized by health and development topics.
· WHO Clinical Trail Search :- ICTRP Search Portal provides access to a central database containing the trial registration data sets provided by the registries listed on the right. It also provides links to the full original records.
If you know any reliable portals / gateways please inform , it will be included after evaluation.